Radboud Assistant Professor of Language and Communication Technology 2021
|RU Lang & Comm 21|
|Dates||2021/04/22 - 2021/05/10|
|Geolocation||51° 49' 0", 5° 51' 54"|
|Final version due|
|Tweet||Radboud Universiteit is looking for an Assistant Professor of Language and Communication Technology. 3 year contract. Deadline: 10 May 2021 #LSI #emca #EMCA #AI|
|Export for iCalendar|
Radboud Assistant Professor of Language and Communication Technology 2021:
We Are Looking For
As Assistant Professor of Language and Communication Technology you will join the department of Language and Communication to contribute to its programmes in Linguistics (BA/MA), Communication and Information Studies (BA/MA), and Language and Communication Science (Research Master's programme). You will conduct research within the Centre for Language Studies. We are specifically looking for a colleague with teaching and/or research expertise in the broad discipline of language and communication technology, who has a special focus on language and speech technology and/or artificial intelligence within the context of language and communication.
You will participate in teaching on topics such as the application of information technology in a broad range of functional contexts (such as e-health, e-learning); datamining in the context of language, speech, communication and media; and computational modelling. You have thorough expertise in quantitative language research methodology.
Your research will be located in Radboud University's Centre for Language Studies, one of the world's leading language and communication research institutes. You will participate in empirical research in CLS's focus areas, particularly in Language processing and cognition. You will pursue grant application opportunities. In addition, you will participate in the department's administrative tasks.
- An MA degree in Linguistics or Artificial Intelligence, or a related discipline.
- A PhD degree in Language and Speech Technology or Communication and Information
- Technology, or a related discipline.
- High proficiency in the English language (C2-CEFR) and proficiency in Dutch: if Dutch is not the candidate's mother tongue, we expect proficiency in Dutch at the C1 level within two years after appointment.
- Demonstrable academic teaching experience at BA and MA levels as well as experience with course development.
- A good publication track record within the domain of Language, Speech, Communication & Technology in international refereed journals of high quality.
The Faculty of Arts employs over 500 academic and support staff in the fields of history and art, languages and cultures, and linguistics and communication. Research is embedded in two faculty research institutes: the Centre for Language Studies (CLS) and the Radboud Institute for Culture & History (RICH). The faculty currently enrols some 2,400 students in three departments: the department of History, Art History and Classics, the department of Modern Languages and Cultures, and the department of Language and Communication. We want to be a diverse and inclusive organisation, which is why we endeavour to create a culturally diverse staff.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because this is what the world around us desperately needs. Leading research and education make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, free world with equal opportunities for all. This is what unites the more than 22,000 students and 5,000 employees at Radboud University. And this requires even more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You have a part to play!
- Employment: 0.8 FTE.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 5,826 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 12).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: 3 years.
- The intended start date is 15 August 2021.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and - Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Have a look at our excellent employment conditions. They include a good work-life balance (among other things because of the excellent leave arrangements), opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
Would you like more information?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact: José Sanders, Professor Tel.: +31 24 361 28 02 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address your application to José Sanders and submit it, using the application button, no later than 10 May 2021, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation.
The first round of interviews will take place on 20 and 21 May 2021.