Open Univeristy 2019 3 year RA Job
|Dates||2019/10/01 - 2019/11/21|
|Address||Open University, Milton Keynes|
|Geolocation||52° 1' 31", -0° 42' 33"|
|Final version due|
|Tweet||3 year fixed term research assistant job at the Open University, Milton Keynes, UK. Faculty of Wellbeing, Education and Language Studies (WELS), would suit #EMCA or discourse person, deadline: 21st November|
|Export for iCalendar|
Open Univeristy 2019 3 year RA Job:
- Interview on 9th November 2019
- Faculty of Wellbeing, Education and Language Studies (WELS)
- Location: Milton Keynes
The primary purpose of this position is to provide research assistance to the Head of School on a variety of research related tasks. The occupant of the position will assist the Head of School in promoting her research, and that of the School of Languages and Applied Linguistics more broadly.
This will include:
- Plan and undertake research in one or more of the following areas: interactional pragmatics, interpersonal pragmatics, sociolinguistics in line with ethical and legal guidelines.
- Assist with the submission of research grants as required.
- Assist with the conducting of ethnographic fieldwork when necessary.
- Engage in writing of scholarly papers with an aim to publish both authored and co- authored publications.
There will also be time and support available for your own personal research programmes which will be covered in appropriate ways.
The successful candidate will have a PHD completed within the last 3 years in the areas of Pragmatics, sociolinguistics, Language and Social Interaction or a related field. As well as the ability to work with English and Spanish data, including writing, editing and publishing.
The postholder will also be able to demonstrate ability to problem solve, plan and communicate at a sophisticated level whilst working both independently and as part of a wider team. The full summary of duties and person specification can be found within the Job Description attached.
Closing date for applications: 21st November 2019 – midday
Interview Date: December