17th International Pragmatics Conference 2021
|Dates||2021/06/27 - 2021/07/02|
|Geolocation||47° 29' 56", 8° 43' 25"|
|Final version due|
|Tweet||CFP: 17th International Pragmatics Conference will be held in Winterthur, Switzerland, from 27 June to 2 July 2021. Deadlines: 7 June 2020: for panel proposals, 18 October 2020: for panel contributions, lectures & posters etc.|
|Export for iCalendar|
17th International Pragmatics Conference 2021:
IPrA News – 14 April 2020
The Call for Papers is NOW OPEN
17th International Pragmatics Conference
27 June – 2 July 2021
The Call for Papers for the 17th International Pragmatics Conference is now open.
Note the following deadlines:
- 7 June 2020: for panel proposals
- 18 October 2020: for panel contributions, lectures, and posters
Please read all instructions carefully before submitting your abstract.
Plenary speakers will include (one more to be added later):
- David Beaver, University of Texas, Austin, USA
- Amy Kyratzis, University of California at Santa Barbara, USA – Susan Ervin-Tripp Lecture
- Carmen Lee, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Miriam Locher, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Maria Sifianou, University of Athens, Greece
- NOTE from organizers, 30th April 2020 on Preparing for contingencies**
We do not know the future, but we can prepare. With Covid-19 affecting many planned meetings, it is important to be ready for contingencies, even though our conference is still more than a year from now. It is too early to make exact predictions of the circumstances, but rest assured that IPrA is planning for the 17th International Pragmatics Conference to proceed, while simultaneously making contingency plans for remote participation options. Therefore, you are encouraged to continue panel organization and abstract submission. We will keep you informed about all further developments pertinent to the conference.