This page is for publications that are online, but awaiting publication info before we can list them reliably on the EM/CA wiki. It will be checked regularly and updated when publication info becomes available. Publications are in alphabetical order.
- Caitlyn Cannon, Joanne Meredith, Susan Speer & Warren Mansell A conversation analysis of asking about disruptions in method of levels psychotherapy doi: 10.1002/capr.12243
- Hutchby, Ian, Performed retelling: Self-enactment and the dramatisation of narrative on a television talk show, Journal of Pragmatics, 10.1016/j.pragma.2019.05.026
- Lee, Josephine Methodological Applications of Membership Categorization Analysis for Social Class Research, Applied Linguistics (first published online July 28, 2016) doi:10.1093/applin/amw022
- Stokoe, E., & Speer, S.A. (in press). Conversation analysis, language and sexuality. In K. Hall & R Barrett (Eds.), The Oxford handbook of language and sexuality. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Sikveland, R.O., Stokoe, E. and Demjem, Z., 2019. Effective triaging in general practice receptions: a conversation analytic study. IN: Applying linguistics in illness and healthcare contexts, In Press.
- Sikveland, Rein Ove, Kevoe-Feldman, Heidi & Stokoe, Elizabeth S. [Negotiations https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378216617307993 Overcoming Suicidal Persons’ Resistance Using Productive Communicative Challenges during Police Crisis], Applied Linguistics, https://doi.org/10.1093/applin/amy065
- Sikveland, Rein Ove. Failed summons: Phonetic features of persistence and intensification in crisis negotiation, Journal of Pragmatics, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pragma.2019.01.023
- Shaw, C., Lo, C., Lanceley, A. et al. (2019). The Assessment of Mentalization: Measures for the Patient, the Therapist and the Interaction. J Contemp Psychother. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10879-019-09420-z
- Teppo Jakonen; Professional Embodiment: Walking, Re-engagement of Desk Interactions, and Provision of Instruction during Classroom Rounds, Applied Linguistics, https://doi.org/10.1093/applin/amy034
- Sandra Dowling, Val Williams, Joe Webb, Marina Gall and Deborah Worrall (2019) Managing relational autonomy in interactions: People with intellectual disabilities, Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities. (online 12th April 2019)
- Mats Ekström, Anders Bruhn, Thunman Elin (2019), A caring interview: Polar questions, epistemic stance and care in examinations of eligibility for social benefits, Discourse Studies
- Susan A. Speer (2019), Reconsidering self‐deprecation as a communication practice British Journal of Social Psychology.
- Improving patient–practitioner interaction in chronic pain rehabilitation: The merits of a discursive psychological approach, Baukje B. Stinesen, Petra Sneijder, Albère J.A. Köke, Rob J.E.M. Smeets hPublished Online: 2019-07-12, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/sjpain-2019-0034
- Garfinkel, Sacks and Formal Structures: Collaborative Origins, Divergences and the History of Ethnomethodology and Conversation Analysis, Michael LynchEmail author, First Online: 13 June 2019, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10746-019-09510-w
- Visual transcriptions as socio-technical assemblages Pål Aarsand, Anna Sparrman First Published July 10, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1177/1470357219852134
- Communication practices for delivering health behaviour change conversations in primary care: A systematic review and thematic synthesis, Albury, Charlotte, Hall, Amanda, Syed, Ayeshah, Ziebland, Sue, Stokoe, Elizabeth, Roberts, Nia, Webb, Helena, Aveyard, Paul, https://dspace.lboro.ac.uk/dspace-jspui/handle/2134/38324
- Getting to ‘no’: Three ways to jointly accomplish an answer to questions in a questionnaire in doctor–patient interaction, Elisabeth Muth Andersen, Gitte Rasmussen, Catherine E. Brouwer, Jytte Isaksen, Issued Date: 3 Jul 2019, http://journals.equinoxpub.com/CAM/article/viewArticle/32459
"In Press" Bibliography database entries
The "In Press" entries below need to be reviewed and updated: