|Postdoc at Haifa Uni|
|Categoryies (tags)||EMCA, Postdoc, Grammar, Interactional linguistics, Syntax, Hebrew, Cross-linguistic|
|Dates||2020/10/01 - 2024/10/01|
|Geolocation||32° 45' 41", 35° 1' 10"|
|Final version due|
|Tweet||Postdoc opportunity at Haifa Uni: From Emergent Complex Syntax to Discourse Markerhood: The Hebrew Grammar-Body Interface in a Cross-Language Comparison|
|Export for iCalendar|
Postdoc at Haifa University in interactional linguistics:
Postdoctoral fellowship in an international research project From Emergent Complex Syntax to Discourse Markerhood: The Hebrew Grammar-Body Interface in a Cross-Language Comparison
An Interactional Linguistics project funded by the Israel Science Foundation focusing on the multimodal study of complex syntactic structures in spoken discourse will begin October 1, 2020, headed by Professor Yael Maschler. This fouryear project will take place at the Department of Hebrew, University of Haifa, Israel, in cooperation with colleagues at the University of Helsinki, Finland, the University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, and Linköping University, Sweden.
Funding is available for a post-doctoral fellow wishing to participate in all stages of the project:
• Video-recording, transcribing and coding casual face-to-face interactions
• Culling, analyzing and classifying specific complex clausal structures and the actions implemented by them
• Participating in comparative studies with parallel research teams in Europe working on Swedish, French, and Estonian data
The participating fellow will enroll as a postdoc in the Department of Hebrew Language at the University of Haifa.
• While knowledge of Hebrew is desirable, candidates working on other languages will also be considered.
• Ph.D. in linguistics, preferably in interactional linguistics and/or discourse and grammar
• Experience analyzing embodied interaction in video-recorded data
Please send the following to maschler((at))research.haifa.ac.il ASAP:
• Letter of interest detailing the candidate’s suitability for the project
• One sample of academic writing (publication / Ph.D. thesis)
• Names of 2 references
Prof. Maschler's profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Yael_Maschler Haifa website: https://www.haifa.ac.il/index.php/en/ If necessary due to Covid-19 irregularities, applications will be received beyond the October 1st deadline, but earlier is better - please get in touch!