SNF Phd in Sociology 2019
|Dates||2019/06/01 - 2019/07/15|
|Address||University of Fribourg, Switzerland|
|Geolocation||46° 48' 23", 7° 9' 7"|
|Final version due|
|Tweet||Funded PhD in Sociology, University of Fribourg, Switzerland, based on an #EMCA project on requesting in hospital nurses' unscheduled interprofessional interactions, funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.|
|Export for iCalendar|
SNF Phd in Sociology 2019:
- Department of Social Sciences - Sociology
- University of Fribourg
- http://www3.unifr.ch/socio / http://fns.unifr.ch/grips/
1 SNF PhD position in Sociology
Activities and responsibilities
The doctoral candidate who takes on this position will carry out his or her dissertation in the framework of the project Requesting in hospital nurses' unscheduled interprofessional interactions funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
The doctoral candidate will conduct hospital fieldwork and collect, transcribe and analyze audio and video recordings of social interactions. He or she will also prepare presentations and publications based on the research results and contribute to the organization of the team¹s administrative tasks and scientific activities.
- Master¹s degree in social sciences, sociology, language and communication sciences or equivalent.
- Formal training or professional experience in the clinical sector would be an asset.
- Strong interest in the area of language and social interaction research, in particular conversation analysis, multimodal analysis and interactional linguistics.
- Fluency in French and English (oral and written); command of German would be an additional asset.
- Ability to use IT and audiovisual tools.
- Strong sense of detail and responsibility, good organizational skills, commitment to teamwork.
Ideally September 1, 2019 (exact date to be determined with the candidate). This is a full-time position for a maximum period of four years.
According to the Swiss National Science Foundation¹s scale for doctoral students.
How to apply
Interested individuals are invited to submit an application dossier including a cover letter, a curriculum vitae with full contact information, academic papers and/or Master's thesis, copies of diplomas, academic transcripts and a list of references, in a single pdf file to Prof. Esther González-Martínez (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application review period will begin July 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
For more information, please visit http://fns.unifr.ch/grips/ or contact email@example.com.