Lboro CA Beginners Workshop 2021 autumn
|Dates||2021/09/03 - 2021/09/03|
|Address||Online (UK time)|
|Final version due|
|Tweet||Online one-day workshop in conversation analysis #EMCA led by @rolsi_journal, @Marco_Pino_, and @DoctorJRo, and @saul, @lboroCRCC Friday 3rd September 2021 Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Export for iCalendar|
Lboro CA Beginners Workshop 2021 autumn:
Loughborough University holds a number of workshops on Conversation Analysis throughout the year.
Our next one-day CA for Beginners workshop will be held remotely on Friday 3rd September, 2021. The day will start at 10.00 am and end at 5.00 pm, UK time. Led by Charles Antaki, Marco Pino, Jessica Robles and Saul Albert, the workshop is meant for anyone who has a growing interest in CA – perhaps they have heard of it, come across it in their studies, or are working in a group which uses it as an approach for research, and would like to know more. It would also be useful for anyone starting out on research which may take them down the line of analysing talk in great detail.
The kinds of questions we will cover include:
- What is the relationship between CA and discourse analysis?
- Why does CA insist on the close analysis of talk, with very detailed transcription?
- What does CA us about what people are doing in every day in counters?
- Can we use CA to understand institutional encounters, for example medical consultations or police interviews?
- How can I use CA in my research?
The day will cover these elements of working with recorded data:
- How to transcribe, how to identify the components of turns
- How to identify actions
- How to build a collection
- How to develop an argument in conversation analysis
Registration NOW CLOSED - waiting list only
- £30 for waged academics (staff members, post-docs, funded postgraduates..), and
- £15 for the unwaged.
- If you work for a commercial organisation and would like to attend, please get in touch with us to discuss a fee.
Please first apply to Charles Antaki (email below) to express your interest.
Once the attenders' list has been finalised, registration will be via the Loughborough university Online Store
There may be discretion according to ability to pay – please contact us for further details.
For more information, email Charles Antaki at this address email@example.com.