CADSS Development Session 3: Turn Design
|CADSS Dev Session 3|
|Dates||2021/07/15 - 2021/07/15|
|Final version due|
|Tweet||The next @CASessionsSouth developmental session takes place on Thurs 15th July, 3pm UK time. We'll discuss how turn design has been applied to healthcare interactions. The Zoom link will be sent by email the day before.|
|Export for iCalendar|
CADSS Development Session 3: Turn Design:
The next session the CA Data Sessions South developmental series will take place as scheduled on Thursday the 15th of July from 3pm - 4pm UK time. In the session we will discuss how the core concept of turn design has been applied to healthcare interactions:
Base reading Handbook of Conversation Analysis Chapter 7: Turn Design Focus reading Stivers et al., (2018) Treatment recommendations as actions
• Identify the key components of turn design
• Identify features of turn design in treatment recommendations
• Identify the importance of the clinical setting and its influence upon treatment recommendations
1. How do the designs of treatment recommendations impact upon patient engagement?
2. With a focus on offers, how can offers be designed to convey varying degrees of entitlement and contingencies?
The Zoom link will be shared by email on the day before the session.
We very much look forward to welcoming you.